Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Can't live with it...

I have such a love/hate relationship with my cell phone. It's not even my own phone but a work phone. I feel like I am permanently attached to the thing, and I continuously irritate myself because I leave it everywhere. I have lost this thing so many times, I cannot even keep track anymore.

I lose it mostly at home, but I have left it in shopping carts a number of times. When I lose it, than I wish I had it so I can call the store to see if I had left it there. The phone just offers so much convenience, that when I don't have it, I'm just frustrated beyond belief.

Saturday, I left it at Martha's Tea Room in Edwardsville after I had lunch with a good friend. I have looked everywhere for this thing, and I wondered if I had brought it there. My friend, Vivien, didn't remember me having it on me, and frankly, I couldn't remember either. I thought if anything, I left it in her car. But no. It wasn't there...

Before I fight the traffic in St. Louis this morning to my class at work, I will stop by Marthas to pick-up this blasted cell phone. Marthas is only open until 2:30 PM, and I stayed over way too late at work last night to be able to pick it up.

Thank you, Michelle, for letting me know that I had left it there! See, there is no need to poke fun at others... I truly have plenty of material I can use to embarrass myself!

SONG ON MY MIND: I woke up to this, and now it's stuck!

TRAVELING ON - James David Vaughn

The Lord has been so good to me...
I feel like traveling on

He saved my soul, and now I'm free...
And I feel like traveling on

Yes, I feel like traveling on (tra-ve-ling on...)
I feel like traveling on (tra-ve-ling on...)
My Heavenly home is bright and fair...
And I feel like traveling on


3 Comments:

Blogger strem said...

I'm so glad they could contact me...so I could contact you! I try to always keep mine in a specific spot in my purse (with the ringer on loud) and try to always put it back immediately after using it. Of course, that doesn't always work....left it at home all day just this past Saturday. Still working on this!

Tue Sep 26, 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger lydia said...

Don't leave me hanging...Were you able to retrieve your cell phone?

Tue Sep 26, 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

I was told someone is there at 7AM every morning, so I stuck around until 7:15 AM... and nobody showed up! I had to leave, or I would have been late for my class downtown (and I barely made it!) Anyway, I'm going to try again tomorrow morning after I finish my walk. I hope I didn't get anyone in trouble!

Tue Sep 26, 11:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home