Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Deal breaker...

EDITORIAL: After a 20-year contract with Venezuela backed Citgo, 7-Eleven has ended it's ties with Citgo. Apparently there has been a boycott of Citgo gas due to Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez's disgusting comments about our own President Bush a week or so ago. Chavez has really upset a lot of folks, and I am one of them. I do appreciate those efforts of those who boycotted Citgo gas stations, and apparently it did hurt 7-Eleven's bottom line. That's an unfortunate situation, however... due to the pressure, they did something about it, and I am glad for that.

It's a shame we don't have any more 7-Elevens in our area. The closest one we have is in Granite City. When I go that direction, because of 7-Eleven's efforts, I'll always make a special effort to stop and fill 'her up instead of driving on by.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Crouse said...

Sandy - thanks for letting me know this. I'll be driving a lot this weekend, and I'll be sure to look for 7/11!

Wed Sep 27, 12:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home