Saturday, September 30, 2006

Learning about GG...

I found out that Great-Grandma Mayfield, Brother Chris's great-grandma, is sometimes called GG by some of her grandchildren. (I'm editing this to state that it wasn't SHE that was called GG, but her daughter's grandchildren who call her her DAUGHTER GG. I'm sorry! I just misunderstood her). I have learned a lot about her late husband, kids, grandchildren, and great grandchildren these past few days, I sure have enjoyed her stories! She sort of reminds me of my late Grandma Helen. I sure miss her.

Despite staying in another place, I sure have slept well! I also have not been walking, so I actually am sleeping in for a change. I woke up at 7:45 AM today (very unusual for me!) I do believe I would have slept longer had I not received a telephone call this morning. I'm glad that I did, though. I am hoping my friend Carolyn will find a lot of good garage sales today and get some good buys. Maybe I'll go with you next time!

While I was at work, GG Mayfield made pumpkin pie yesterday, and she fussed over how this was going to taste, because she didn't have any evaporated milk on hand, but she found some condensed milk. She did have milk in the fridge, so she used that together with the condensed milk. I'm telling you what... that was some good pumpkin pie! It was so good, that's what we had again for breakfast this morning (and coffee, too!)

SONG ON MY MIND: I have had this hymn on my heart for a couple of months now, and today, I just can't get this song out of my head... Here's an AMAZING rendition from the Gaither Family and lead by David Phelps: Hide Thou Me

HIDE THOU ME - Gaither Family
Sometimes I feel discouraged...
And think my life in vain
I'm tempted oft to murmer...
To grumble and complain

But when I think of Jesus...
And what He's done for me
Then I cry, to the Rock of Ages...
Hide thou me

O Rock of Ages...
Hide thou me
There is no other refuge...
None, none but Thee

Through this old world I wandered...
So far, far from Thee
Then I cry, to the Rock of Ages...
Hide thou me

4 Comments:

Blogger lydia said...

Sandy: It's wonderful that you have been able to stay with Grandma the past few days. I'm sure she has enjoyed it as much as you have. The pumpkin pie sounds delicious! I also enjoy this hymn very much, and it's a hard one to get out of your head once it's there.

Sat Sep 30, 04:35:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Crouse said...

Sandy, I so appreciate you staying with Grandma for me! I was thankful to be able to travel and not be hindered with worries and concerns about her, knowing she was in very good and caring hands. She enjoyed your visit and getting to know you also!

She is a very lovely woman, exuding the Christian graces that I would more women possessed and displayed. Her love of God, His Church and her family is unsurpassed!

Sun Oct 01, 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

I was VERY happy to have spent time with your lovely Grandma - It was MY pleasure! Much love to you both! (((hugs)))

Sun Oct 01, 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger strem said...

I love spending time with Grandma, and I am glad you were blessed to be able to do so this weekend. (I know she was blessed too!) I am upset I was not around more to enjoy the time with both of you!!!! Three hoorays for Grandma's good cooking!!!!

Mon Oct 02, 12:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home