Sunday, October 01, 2006

I have added music...


I hope this doesn't irritate folks here, but I have set this up so that you can (hopefully) enjoy feature songs that I have grown to love over the years. I promise to be nice and put only good things! The first song feature song is from Michael Tait called FALLEN.

My love for Michael Tait's music was borne from his involvement with a Christian rock group named DC Talk. I had only started listening to DC Talk because my youngest son's love for them. I wasn't a big fan, because I wasn't crazy about the song JESUS FREAK.

I remember years ago, Aaron would practically beg me to listen to these great songs with him; he would tell me that he KNEW I would like them... and he was SO RIGHT! The more I heard him play the music, the more I would just be singing out loud with it! Now both Michael's solo CDs and a big collection of DC Talk fills my favorites. They give me hours and hours of joy.

SONG ON MY MIND: Christian Contemporary song-writer, singer, Michael Tait... If I remember right, I believe this song was in honor of his sister, who had died of an illness.

FALLEN
She's a wreck...
fragile and scarred
Life is work and living is hard
She's tired of the pain... tired of the fix
She's tired of the games and the politics

She's running on empty
She wants an alternate ending

(chorus)
And she's falling...

She's falling in love with You
She's so hopeless...
She's hopelessly drawn to You

She can feel... the weight of the past
It drags her down, but she's fighting back
She wants to fly... far away from here
She wants a God that won't disappear

She's all out of chances
She is... looking for answers

The sun is on the rise...
New days coming
You see it in her eyes
She is running... head long into the Light
Let the new day... come

The sun is rising... in her eyes
Hold on, the day will come
Love is waiting... running to the Light
Hold on, the day will come

Behind the Song:
"There are a lot of young girls out there asking, “Do I matter?” This song is about a girl who lost her way and searched everywhere for something to give her life significance. After trying everything else she finds that there is a God who loves her." - Michael Tait

3 Comments:

Blogger strem said...

I'm a big fan of his music (in DC Talk and in this band)...and of his sister's! Her name is Lynda Randle, and I hope you can hear her sometime. Just remind me so you can borrow some CDs. Thanks for sharing the song.

Mon Oct 02, 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

I didn't know she had a CD out as well... and I would really like to borrow that CD some day - thanks! I'm glad that you appreciate Michael Tait's music, too! I just love it...

Mon Oct 02, 07:19:00 AM  
Blogger strem said...

She has MANY CDs. I'll try to round up some for you.

Tue Oct 03, 09:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home