Sunday, November 26, 2006

Noteworthy...

During my convalescence, I have been enjoying a CD Brother Marty sent to me (thank you!) of his lovely, 2nd oldest daughter's collegiate a cappella group called Noteworthy. This is their first CD!

Maggie Smith (3rd from the right/back row) attends the University of Georgia and is an accomplished singer/songwriter in her own right. You can enjoy her very own lovely songs on her MySpace site. I am hoping she and these young ladies don't mind me showcasing a couple of their songs on this blog, well, because I think they are awesome!

SONG ON MY MIND: This first song I would like to share, Maggie is singing a solo to one of my very favorite female singers EVER... Sarah McLachlan (YAY!) If you think you hear any instruments, you are wrong! This CD is sung completely a cappella, and I am impressed!

This song always makes me ache, because I think at some point or another, we can relate; we have all messed up royally (the school of hard knocks), and unfortunately, sometimes you cannot go back. All you can do is pray for grace from GOD, learn from your mistakes, and pray that those you hurt through your trials forgives you (and you can forgive them if they hurt you).

FALLEN - Sarah McLachlan

Heaven bend to take my hand
...And lead me through the fire
Be the long awaited answer
...To a long and painful fight


Truth be told I tried my best
...But somewhere along the way
I got caught up in all there was to offer
But the cost was so much more than I could bear

(chorus)
Though I've tried
...I've fallen
I have sunk so low
...I messed up
Better I should know...
So don't come round here
...And tell me I told you so

We all begin out with good intent
...When love is raw and young
We believe that we can change ourselves
...The past can be undone


But we carry on our back the burdens
...Time always reveals
In the lonely light of morning
In the wound that would not heal
It's the bitter taste of losing everything
...I've held so dear

Heaven bend to take my hand
...I've nowhere left to turn
I'm lost to these I thought were friends
...To everyone I know

Oh, they turn their heads embarrassed
...Pretend that they don't see
That it's one mis-step
...One slip before you know it
And there doesn't seem a way to be redeemed


To purchase Sarah McLachlan's CDs, go HERE!
To purchase Noteworthy's new CD, "99 Problems, But a Pitch Ain't One", please go HERE!
This CD was produced by James Gammon.
Noteworthy also has a MySpace site, if you want to hear more!

1 Comments:

Blogger strem said...

Just beautiful, Sandy. Can't wait to hear more from them! I'll have to share some of my a capella group CDs with you soon!

Mon Nov 27, 10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home