Wednesday, November 08, 2006

GOD help us all...

Mood: Heavy-hearted

I fell half asleep on my recliner last night feeling kind of peaceful as the election returns were underway. Jim Talent had a 54% lead over Claire McCaskill for the Missouri Senate, and the good people in Missouri were saying NO to the embryonic stem cell constitution amendment by a very slim margin of 1%.

I unfortunately woke up to the disturbing picture of Claire McCaskill thanking everyone for their support and thanking the Missouri folks for their vote of confidence. What?! I couldn't believe my eyes. She won. Also, the ticker at the bottom of the screen showed that the embryonic stem cell amendment was passing. There were still 13% of the returns that needed to be counted, however, the news was pretty dim; the city vote hadn't been totally counted yet, so there was little hope that their votes would make a difference.

I moved over to the bed praying that when I woke up this morning that things would be brighter, but no. I woke up to the sad fact that the amendment passed, Claire's in control, and Blag is still in office. I wasn't surprised about Blago, but still... I just feel sick all over.

On top of that, last night the news was also stating that Nanco Pelosi won, and Rick Santorum was defeated. What a tremendous loss. Lieberman won as the Independent, however, so there was some good news. The Democrats, however, are in control of the House. I hope we can hang in there in the Senate.

The people have voted: They continue to want abortion-on-demand (up to the birth of the child). They are also willing to try cloning (a constitutionally protected cloning, mind you) and want to offer same-sex marriage... and they'll get what they want.

SONG ON MY MIND: I'm just upset... this song just came to my mind. I'm sad for our country. At this point for me, if it is His will, I hope the end comes soon, because it seems to me that we are quickly spiraling out of control.

THE RED - Chevelle

They say freak...
When you're singled out
The red...
Well, it filters through

(chorus)
So lay down
The threat is real
When his sight
Goes red again

Seeing red again
Seeing red again

This change...
He won't contain
Slip away...
To clear your mind
When asked...
What made it show
The truth...
He can't send to most

1 Comments:

Blogger strem said...

I, also, was shocked about the flip flops throughout the evening. I kept waking up to see something new - usually bad news.

Wed Nov 08, 10:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home