Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Happy birthday, dear Anna...

Mood: Reminiscent and happy *lighting candles*

Today is Anna-Maria's 41st Birthday... She finally caught up with us all! YAAY! Yes, technically you will ALWAYS be younger than us... but you aren't running too far behind! You share a birthday with another retiree friend of mine from work, Bob (Happy Birthday, Bob! *waving*)

Anna (Buzz) is a dear, dear friend of mine, who I will ALWAYS consider one of my "bestest" friends. Staci (Space), another dear friend of mine, introduced Anna to me back when we were... 13? I'll never forget it either. While I was swimming, she and Space pulled up on their bicycles to the Roxana Pool, and she was in a tube top and shorts. She immediately reminded me of Rosanna-Rosanna Danna of Saturday Night Live because of her thick, long, wild hair! She just finished St. Bernards and was going to be transferred to Roxana Jr. High. She was pretty and very sweet, and we got very close during our Jr. and Sr. High school years.

Even though we don't talk anywhere near the amount that I would like to now, which is practically nothing, it's not because I don't want to. It's nice when we do, because we pick up right up where we left off last. Know that you are always in my thoughts.

Thank you, Anna, for all the fun and wild times you have showed me. Thank you so much for being friends with me. If it wasn't for you and Staci, I truly think I would have gone crazy, considering the kinds of things I was facing as a dorky teenager in a very unstable home. Thank you for all of our macaroni and cheese pig-out fests that we had at your house. I still get "fluh" thinking about it! Thank you for walking with me everywhere in our "tennie treads"! Thank you for letting me experiment on you by perming and chopping your hair, which verified to me that I would never be a good beautician. Thank you and Staci for helping me swap out the front windshield of my Mom's Maverick after... umm... ahem... Staci wrecked it going to Sumner's party. (No, I'll never let you forget that, Space!) It was my fault, because I let you drive it when you didn't have your license yet. We sure were a bunch of awkward, goofy 16-year olds, weren't we?) HA!

The weird thing is that, while we were always dreaming about our future boyfriends/husbands, I had always hoped that when we all got married, we could possibly live next door to each other and watch each other's children grow up. It's sad to me that we never made that happen. It's even more sad to me that we hardly keep in touch. I can blame a number of things, but it doesn't matter. Over the years, I haven't been a very good friend to you or Staci, and I am sorry about that. I hope you will forgive me in time. Grandma told me that this was going to happen, and I didn't believe her at the time. In fact, I got quite upset at her and told her that she was unequivocally wrong, and that we were "bestest" friends, and what right did she have to say something so awful to me? *head hanging in shame* She was right, and I was just being my usual ignorant self with my skewed rose-colored-glasses. *sigh* I hope she has since forgiven me, God rest her beautiful soul.

I still hope that maybe we can all retire close by each other so we can enjoy each other's grandchildren. Is it possible? I know you loathe Illinois, but I think you could stand Georgia! It's beautiful... I swear! =)

Dear, dear Anna. Happy 41st Birthday, and GOD bless! I hope all of your birthdays are sweet and that you and your hubby, Levi, and Sarah, have fun tonight! I don't know if Greggory or Anthony are there or are in Illinois, but I hope they are helping you celebrate. I miss you...

With much love...
Spuz

Edited: Adding to view Anna & Scott's auto repair business -->>HERE!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy-san said...

Anna... Space... we're we 13 or 15?! Please someone... refresh my memory!

Thu Oct 26, 11:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home