Friday, October 13, 2006

Dedicated to Smarty...


I can't say enough about this gifted Canadian's music. I was once literally obsessed with Tal Bachman's self-titled first CD... 2-years worth of listening to his music night and day. Day and night. I know my boys hate this CD only because I subjected them to this so-called torture practically every minute of their waking hours. If I wasn't listening and singing to the CD at home, I was listening and singing to it in the car. If was I wasn't listening and singing to it in the car, I was listening and singing to it at work. Seriously.

You might know Tal's music because he had an awesome song out back in 1999 called SHE'S SO HIGH. This song is the reason why I purchased this CD to begin with, however I had no idea how this album would affect me - nearly every song on it is just... wonderful! BESIDE YOU is one of those all-out, great, romantic love songs that I could listen to over and over and over again... it reminds me of my tender relationship with Brother Marty.

SONG ON MY MIND: This song that I am sharing with you is a sweet, sweet song. I am dedicating this to Marty for our treasured 2-years together.

BESIDE YOU - Tal Bachman

Throughout the passing years...
As all the world seems ever-changing
We share the smiles and tears...
Of life... with love that's so far ranging

(chorus)
And after all is said and done...
I'll be the one... beside you
I'll be your love and loyal friend...
Until the end... beside you

Each flower bends with time...
Each leaf descends with every autumn
But you and I will find...
Our love won't die or be forgotten

When you and I are grey...
When youth has gone... and life is dimming
I promise that I'll stay...
Beside you... like we were beginning

4 Comments:

Blogger strem said...

This is a very nice song. I remember "She's So High"...but this is not what I pictured Tal to look like.

Fri Oct 13, 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

This pic was off of his 1st CD - his more recent pic is on the myspace link I sent. (scraggly!) I guess that's what happens to you when you have 7 kiddies to run after! =D

Fri Oct 13, 12:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Sandy,

You are so wonderful to me. I'll admit, your profile photo was the reason I first e-mailed you! I thought, because of the distance, that it would be no more than a brief message wishing you well. Who would have guessed what would happen after that? Your love for the Lord Jesus Christ, and for your sons, and for your family, and for the good things in your country, are all great to me. And your wisdom and never-failing cheerfulness are such good examples for me. I think the only way I'm going to learn more of your good habits is by spending a lot more time together! So, perhaps we can consider the past two years an Introductory course?

Love, Marty

Fri Oct 13, 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

*raising glass up* Than it's onward to our Intermediate course! Woohoo! =D

Fri Oct 13, 10:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home