Monday, October 09, 2006

Atmosphere...


Okay, it's time for a new song. I'm sure you are all tired of LOVE MY WAY. Maybe not, but oh well, it's time for a new song.

This song is from a former DCTalk member named TobyMac. He was the hip-hop member of the group. Actually, this particular song is from TobyMac's latest CD, however all 3 DCTalk members are singing on it, so it's almost as if this is a DCTalk song! They all have myspace accounts now! For guys my age, they are all pretty hip (not like me, who DOESN'T WANT a myspace account!) Take a look at Toby McKeehan, Kevin Max and the wonderful Michael Tait's cool digs!

Normally I don't like rap. I like rap ONLY whenever there is also singing present. I also like rock-n-rap. This is a beautiful song to me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. You can purchase this CD here!

SONG ON MY MIND: This song came to mind whenever I added my list of those to be prayerful over. There are so many who need our prayers, as life can be so challenging in so many ways. I'll always try to keep this list up-to-date. Let me know if you would like me to add someone's name on there, as I would always want to be mindful of those who need God's comfort.

ATMOSPHERE - Toby McKeehan, of DCTalk

I know you keep a journal… And every page is rippled
From the tears that you cry… Ain't no meaning to your scribble

Cause words can't describe… what you've been feeling inside
It's like thousand foot walls… and they're still on the rise

But look up… to a beautiful sound
And see for yourself… you're not that far down

And know this… I can not love a little
My promise to you is unconditional

And I'll keep the light on… for you
Just keep the course… you can weather the storm

I'll keep the light on… for you
You've come this far... don't you ever lose heart, now

(chorus)
Just turn around… and I'll be there
I'm moving into your atmosphere

I know you're all alone in a crowd full of friends
I can see it in your eyes… that you’re fading again

Checking out… moving into your hole
Where the light can't touch… any part of your soul

But hold up… and let the river rush in
You can turn around… and start living again

Cause your life… is a beautiful bloom
In the image of the One... that created you

I'll be there…

Said I'll be there, said I'll be there
Said I'll be there… always, forever

2 Comments:

Blogger strem said...

I love how the 3 very different styles were blended together in dc talk. But, I must admit that I was always listening for the entrance of Kevin Max and loved hearing his voice and harmonies best. Thanks for sharing this song. I had not heard it before, but I have heard a lot of Toby's other stuff.

Wed Oct 11, 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

aKevin Max has such a distinctive voice, so I understand what you mean. I haven't heard much that I liked off of the clips of his recent CD. I just wish they would all get back together again. There is magic when they are all together. Thanks for your response!

Wed Oct 11, 02:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home