Friday, October 06, 2006

Speaking of which...

I changed the song so we can hear the beautiful voice of Josh Groban... I'm sorry I only seem to be adding songs on here that are sad. I don't mean to, but they seem to be the ones that are on my mind. Also you might notice that I enjoy posting the lyrics while I am listening to the song. The lyrics to me are like poetry... I just enjoy them so much. This song just fills me with sadness, because it speaks of regrets and longing.

Here's a little personal story to back-up this song:

Again, years ago, my youngest son, Aaron, got me loving the group Linkin Park because he played their CDs a lot. They are a rap/rock, angst-filled group, and if you know me well, you know that I just sort of like that kind of thing! Anyway, so here he came up to me and told me that on their new CD, there was this great song called MY DECEMBER and I HAD to listen to it. He was right - I loved it!

So you can imagine how I felt when I heard that Josh Groban covered this song... I actually enjoy Josh's rendition better.

SONG ON MY MIND: Even though this song doesn't have anything to do with the seasons, this song always makes me think of Aaron. He prefers the cold of Winter, whereas I enjoy the warmth of Summer. However I do enjoy and prefer the crisp, cold weather of Autumn.

MY DECEMBER - Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park
This is my December...
This is my time of the year
This is my December...
This is all so clear

This is my December...
This is my snow-covered home
This is my December...
This is me alone

And I...
(whispering)
just wish that I didn't feel
like there was something I missed

And I...
(whispering)
Take back all the things I said
to make you feel like that

(chorus)
And I... give it all away
Just to have somewhere to go to
Give it all away...
To have someone to come home to

This is my December...
These are my snow-covered dreams
This is me pretending...
This is all I need

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home