Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm not interested in his excuses...

EDITORIAL: After years of denying that he was a gay man and after sending inappropriate emails and IMs to teenage congressional pages, Former Republican Representative Mark Foley now states that he is gay and that he was molested by a member of his clergy when he was a teenager.

This and an alcohol addiction apparently explains his behavior. *shaking head* Why do I care that he has an explanation? Believe me I don't. He made a monster of a mistake, and other than the best thing he could have done: pray to God for strength to break out of his cycle of sin... he did the next best thing: resign from his position and hopefully start making amends. I sure don't know if he prayed or plans to make amends, but I hope he does.

Personally, I think he is rationalizing an excuse by claiming that he's an alcoholic, because he is hoping that people will sympathize with him and excuse his rotten behavior. I don't care who did what to him as a youngster; whatever "they" did does not justify what he did. He chose to drink. He chose to make sexual advances towards young, teenage boys. Everything is a choice.

In such a position of power, I am disgusted to read about Mark Foley's behavior, and it was also such a shock to hear of his hypocritical co-chair position for the missing and exploited children law. Sin comes in many colors, and its true colors are deceit.

Now I get to sit back and watch the liberals come out with their hypocritical stance. I don't care if he's a Republican or a Democrat. All adults should be held accountable when it comes to preying on our young.

3 Comments:

Blogger strem said...

It's been interesting to see this unfold, especially with the latest press conferences "revealing" what seemed evident all along. I don't know what else we were supposed to think, realizing that he was not writing to women or individuals his own age. Seemed pretty clear to me from the beginning. Looks like everyone's playing their usual roles with this: the two parties, the committee congressmen, the media, etc.

Wed Oct 04, 07:46:00 AM  
Blogger Chris Crouse said...

While I certainly DO NOT approve in anyway of Mark Foley's sin - I am abhorred to learn that the Democratic Leadership knew of this (as told last night by a former aid/advisor to Bill Clinton) for several months and sat on it until the elections. They also are preying on Americans. Foley was a danger to children, their first concern should've been that, not a campaign ploy. To me, they are just as dangerous.

Wed Oct 04, 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

If anyone knew what was going on but did nothing to stop this train wreck from happening, I would consider them negligent in their duties.

I just got an CNN alert that a former aide to Foley alerted the office of Republican leader of the House of Representatives 2-years ago about his concerns.

If this is the case, heads should roll. Foley should have been pulled and made to resign/case closed.

Wed Oct 04, 03:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home