Saturday, October 07, 2006

Musically, I'm all over the board today...


Today I have not been getting a lot of things done, as I have been listening to a lot of David Bowie, Kenny Wayne... Stone Temple Pilots and now Psychedelic Furs. I'm all over the board today. Everything just seems really interesting to me, and I sure love YouTube. This site just helps satiate my music cravings. If you haven't had a chance to look at any videos from there, please feel free to see my YouTube. I have started adding quite a bit of video clips that I had collected over the years.

I have enjoyed the 80's English band Psychedelic Furs, with their classical 80's pop-sound, from the very beginning. Okay, maybe not the VERY beginning, as I was only 13 when they started out. But when MTV came aboard, I was totally intrigued with Richard Butler's singing. He is not the best singer, but I think he is an interesting vocalist...very distinctive. Of course, if you haven't realized yet, I also have a fascination for Indie music. He and his brother, Tim, and guitarist, John Ashton, are the heart and soul of Psychedelic Furs.

When Richard Butler and his group disbanded, he started a new group called Love Spit Love. Strange name, I know! Anyway, their music ROCKED! I was sad to see that group break up after only 2 CDs. LSL's guitarist, Richard Fortus, is from St. Louis!

The only good thing was that after 10-years, the Psychedelic Furs came back, and I was fortunate to see them LIVE at the Pageant in St. Louis 04/28/01 - YAY!!!

Here are some of the interesting clips I have been watching:

LOVE MY WAY - Psychedelic Furs (This started it all!)
ALL THAT MONEY WANTS - Psychedelic Furs
CHANGE IN THE WEATHER - Love Spit Love
WAKE UP - Love Spit Love

If you are thinking abour purchasing anything from the Psychedelic Furs, please visit this site!

4 Comments:

Blogger just said...

thanks for playing music on your blog, hearing it brought me back to high school, sigh. i write mostly in my blog, don't do much media sharing, but check it out if you like.
http://just-a-position.blogspot.com

keep rocking the furs!

Sat Oct 07, 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

Hey, thanks! I know what you mean. This song just transports me back in time.

I try to update my songs every few days. I know some of my loved-ones in church are reading this blog (yes, I'm talking about you-all!) so I normally want to put good songs on here; so I decided that this song was good enough - ha!

They probably don't like it (it won't surprise me), but I am glad there is someone out there that might appreciate it.

Take care...

Sat Oct 07, 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger strem said...

These cause many memories to flood back to me, too. It's funny how songs and scents do that! Sometimes, it feels like I'm transported back in time. Thanks for sharing more about your favorites.

Wed Oct 11, 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

Songs, and especially certain smells, transports me back. I purchase Jergins Cherry-Almond scent JUST because it reminds me of my Grandma Helen. That's what she used all the time. The smell just comforts me a lot; It also smells great!

Wed Oct 11, 01:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home