Monday, October 09, 2006

A bug caught me...


I originally thought I was having allergy spells, but I realize that last night I caught a cold, or should I say, it caught me. I haven't had a cold in a while, and last night, with my nose running like a sieve and me coughing and sneezing my head off, I didn't think I was ever going to sleep. I was lucky, however, to have a couple of hours.

I cannot take antihistimines, because I get an allergic reaction to it when I take it. I get gout in my thumb when I take antihistimines. It's the strangest thing... the skin on my thumb actually falls off to the point that I don't have a fingerprint. The rawness of my thumb, with the skin peeled off, hurts terribly. I hope to never experience that ever again.

After I ate last night, I did take a couple of zinc lozenges, so I am hopeful that will help me some. In the meantime, I am going to rest and read. Hmmm... I wonder if I have any chicken soup in the pantry. I think I am going to make some hot green tea, too. Maybe I can get Brandon to run and get me some Vitamin C enriched OJ before he goes into work.

So that I don't infect my co-workers, I took off work today. At some point, I am going to try to get connected to my workdesk from my youngest son's computer. I have been unable to connect there since my computer crashed.

Between this and some other health issues I am going through, please keep me in your prayers. Thank you...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great porcupine cartoon for the blog entry! Go for the zinc, OJ and green tea. I hope you get to feeling much better soon. Gesundheit, liebchen.

Mon Oct 09, 04:08:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

Vielen Dank und viel Liebe, Herr Smith!

Mon Oct 09, 05:09:00 PM  
Blogger strem said...

Praying for you. Go zinc. I believe it does wonders...and hopefully by now, you're feeling much better. Glad you were able to take some time off to rest.

Wed Oct 11, 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

Thanks, Sister Michelle! I had been feeling so good since then, and this evening, I am stuffed up again! *rolling eyes*

Fri Oct 13, 09:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home