Saturday, October 21, 2006

The calm inside me...

As I read the lyrics below from the striking Sarah McLachlan, I am reminded about how much this song from her debut "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" CD reminds me of the way I have felt all of my life. This song and much of her music defines me. It's hard to explain.

I love the vivid imagery Sarah creates in her lyrics. When I am listening to her music, it wouldn't be unusual to see me close my eyes and get caught up in the loveliness of her music and her hauntingly unique and passionate voice.

GOD has given this elegant and free-spirited artist a rare gift. She is truly a talented singer/songwriter and an equally gifted musician. Here's the video that started my whole journey with this beautiful artist. Here's a more recent video that speaks about my life.

SONG ON MY MIND: This song, ELSEWHERE, is just one of many, many songs that I have enjoyed from Sarah. I hope you enjoy this song and video.

ELSEWHERE - Sarah McLachlan

I love the time and in between
The calm inside me...
In the space where I can breathe
I believe there is a distance I have wandered
To touch upon the years of...
Reaching out... and reaching in
Holding out... holding in

(chorus)
I believe...
This is heaven to no one else... but me
And I’ll defend it as long as
I can be... left here to linger in silence
If I choose to
Would you try to understand?

I know this love is passing time
Passing through like liquid and...
I'm drunk in my desire
But I love the way you smile at me
I love the way your hands reach out...
And hold me near...

I do believe...

Oh, the quiet child awaits the day when she can break free
The mold that clings like desperation
Mother, can’t you see...
I’ve got to live my life
The way I feel is right for me?
Might not be right for you, but it’s right for me... Ooh

Would you understand it?
Would you try?

You can purchase her music here.

2 Comments:

Blogger strem said...

Hadn't heard this song before. Just saw her on TV the other night, singing one of my favorite songs, River (written by Joni Mitchell). So glad to hear her rendition of it, and so glad to hear about her new album, Wintersong. (You probably already know all about it...but it includes River along with many winter songs and carols.)

Sun Oct 22, 03:33:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

I added the title of the CD on the blog. It was her debut album... excellent, just excellent! Yep, I heard about her new CD that is coming out. I have yet to hear her rendition of the River. I'm sure it's going to be beautiful! Thanks for your response, Sister Michelle! =)

Sun Oct 22, 04:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home