Monday, October 16, 2006

Let the supernatural take hold...

Okay, so I have featured Michael Tait and Toby McKeehan. At some point, I will feature Kevin Max, but until then, I would like to recognize one of the most influencial Christian bands that I have ever had the good fortune to be exposed to.

Back on October 1, 2006, I explained how my youngest son was quite the fan of DCTalk, and somehow, he just knew that I would love this type of music. He knows me all too well!

Since then, I have to rank them right up there with my all-time favorite artists, David Bowie and Tal Bachman. Their heart-felt harmonies and beautiful lyrics just take my breath away. You may sometimes catch me awashed in peaceful bliss as I am listening to them. I wish their "intermission" would finish soon, so they could get back to writing. When they are together, it's magic!

SONG ON MY MIND: This song, RED LETTERS, from DCTalk means so much to me. The very FIRST time I heard it... I fell in love. When I was ever down, this song would lift me up and my heart would just sing with joy!

RED LETTERS - DCTalk

Pages... filled with a holy message
Sealed with a kiss from heaven
On a scroll long ago...
Phrases... words that were bound together
Now have the power to sever
Like a sword evermore...

Heed the words divinely spoken
May your restless heart be broken
Let the supernatural take hold...

(chorus)
There is love... in the red letters
There is truth... in the red letters
There is hope for the hopeless...
Peace and forgiveness...
There is life... in the red letters
In the red letters...

One Man... came to reveal a mystery
Changing the course of history
Made the claim he was God...
Ageless... born of a Virgin Mary
Spoke with a voice that carried
through the years
It's persevered...

(bridge)
What You say... moves me
Revelation... Come and take me
The more I look [the more I look]
The more I see [the more I see]
The Word of God [the Word of God]
Is what I need

Oh yeah, it's the book of love

Speak to me, breathe in me new life
Let Him in your heart


You can purchase their music here.

2 Comments:

Blogger strem said...

I have a few email friends who have the chorus written out and included in their "signature" for their emails. I always enjoy reviewing the words when I see notes from those pals.

Mon Oct 16, 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy-san said...

*beaming*
Well howdy do, Pianoman... I'm glad you stopped by!
*grinning*

Wed Oct 18, 04:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home