Friday, November 10, 2006

Song on my heart...

As you may can tell from my previous posts, I have been pretty down because of the elections. I have, yet again, forgotten that GOD is in control of everything. I am letting this go, and I will look forward to continuing to push what I know is right.



SONG ON MY MIND: Well, I have had a couple of sweet hymns on my heart, but I happened to watch this beautiful song, FARTHER ALONG, on youtube (Thank you, Melissa!), and now I can't get it out of my head. I just think these girls (The Peasall Sisters) are adorable and their harmonies are beautiful... and this song just makes me so happy! Please watch this video (you might have to double-click this and any other link I have on this site):

FARTHER ALONG - J.R. Baxter and W.B. Stevens

(chorus)
Farther along we'll know all about it
Farther along we'll understand why
Cheer up my brother, live in the sunshine
We'll understand it all by and by


Soon with the Lord our wonderful Savior
We'll be at home beyond the blue sky
There we shall meet the dear ones awaiting
We'll understand it, all by and by

When death has come and taken our loved ones
It leaves our home so lonely and drear
Then do we wonder why others prosper
Living so wicked year after year

Faithful til death, said our loving Master
A few more days to labor and wait
Toils of the road will then seem as nothing
As we sweet through the beautiful gate

Tempted and tried, we're oft made to wonder
Why it should be thus all the day long
While there are others living about us
Never molested, though in the wrong

When we see JESUS, coming in glory
When He comes from His home in the sky
Then we shall meet Him in that bright mansion,
We'll understand it all by and by

1 Comments:

Blogger strem said...

Now, I've finally seen (and heard) the post to which you were referring. Precious. We don't have all of these verses in our books, but some of them. Thanks for sharing! Sometimes I watch these Gaither specials on Saturday evenings.

Mon Nov 13, 09:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home